NWANEDI Wine Estate
Since inception the estate has been developed with a particular emphasis on sustaining the beautiful and fertile natural surroundings we have been so blessed with. Hence it is constantly the primary consideration when plans are considered for development and change. While the estate is an operating farming unit, guests are offered the opportunity of relaxing in the tranquil atmosphere and:
- walk around the farm, enjoying the vineyards and the environment. (No motorbikes or other mechanical transport devices will be permitted).
- visiting the small and interesting winery, however for the 2011 vintage many changes will be made. Primarily with the wine tasting facility being relocated into the winery.
- A dream has been to host open-air musical concerts under the backdrop of the majestic mountain view. This will soon become a reality, with the same sight being used for weddings and other functions.
- Alterations to the winery building are on the drawing board to facilitate smaller conferencing facilities and realise the ultimate dream of creating a very large operating model railway project to share with others.
- Open plan lounges which leads onto a vinyard facing veranda.
Other facilities in the NWANEDI experience
- Estate tours and discussions regarding the development with the ecological growth with faun & flora. The dam area is particularly being developed for local cbird life.
- Wine tasting room open daily (excl. Sundays) from 10h00 to 16h00 (open till late on Fridays and special occasions). Tasting room offers wines, produce, foods, curios and other farm products.
- Picnic baskets are prepared to be enjoyed in the gardens or at the dam. (No foods are permitted to be brought onto the estate).
- Frequently specialists are invited to discussions and pairing events, offering knowledgeable insight into Viticulture and Oenology and other ecological matters.
NWANEDI COUNTRY MANOR
NWANEDI Country Manor was designed to offer the discerning guest with the facilities and service that will always be a reminder of the pleasure of being associated with the NWANEDI experience. Emphasis is on absorbing guests into the reality of the working farm or just enjoying the luxury, pleasure and privacy of the Manor.
- Enjoy a sundowner on the patio/lounge, absorbing the magnificent evenings and the majestic views.
- Tours taken to local wineries, places of interest and frequently to other areas of the Cape Winelands and Cape Town.
- Airport transfers done by arrangement.
- Shortly to be completed the Wellness Centre offers massage, beauty and other treatments by arrangement.
- Laundry * Secure parking
Places of Interest and Activities:
- Paarl is exceptionally proud of the fact that Mr. Nelson Mandela began our countrys'slong walk to freedom, from Paarl, and the peace he has brought is a wonder to all.
- Since 1687, Paarl has been known as the pearl of the Cape Winelands. Being the third oldest town in South Africa, the area is steeped in history and traditions of colonisation by Dutch, Belgain, French, German and English pioneers added their cultures to a magnificent area.
- The KWV with the original brandy distillery is a must to visit with the intrinsic history of the Dutch East India Company.
- Mountain biking and walks * Game Parks * Crocodile Farm * Franschhoek * Many international Golf Courses * Hiking trails * a.